What is the Vestry?
· Directed by our rector, the vestry is a team of our Parish members to lead the church
· Helps to discern the vision toward which God is drawing our Parish
· Articulates and communicates that vision into a mission
· Holds the Parish accountable to both the vision and mission
· The Vestry consists of:
o 2 Members Who Serve as “Wardens”
§ Must be members of the congregation for a period of not less than 2 years
§ Senior warden – Called the “Rector’s Warden,” this person is an enthusiastic supporter and co-worker with the Rector and helps guide the Rector
§ Junior warden – Called the “People’s Warden,” this individual has oversight of the church building and grounds
o 6 Members Who Oversee Specific Responsibilities
§ Must be members of this Parish who regularly attend worship services throughout the year
§ Are elected at our Annual Parish Meeting for a term of 3 years
o Takes minutes of the Vestry meetings, handles any filing, etc.
o Is responsible for collection, reception, and disbursement of funds, and gives a report to all Parish member during the Annual Parish Meeting
· Our Vestry is organized into committees; they are listed below
· At least one member of the Vestry serves each of these committees but does not have to be its leader
Who is on Our Vestry Now?
Current Vestry Members
· Alan Fleissner, Senior Warden
· Tom Thompson, Junior Warden
· Derek Harrington, Treasurer
· Holly Ruble, Outreach & Mission, 200 Year Committee
· Keith Doughton, Property & Fellowship